Our advisors are always available to answer your questions and ensure you have a smooth transition to campus.
Before you start the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Ngoc Hoang (Vietnam)
+84 382 027 922
Whatsapp: +84 382 027 922
Skype: live:bichngoc.ufmEmail Ngoc Hoang
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the US Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your enrollment advisor of the date and embassy location of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
Pay in full two weeks before you arrive to avoid enrollment delays.
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Wyoming International’s Flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a US credit card or US bank account to make your payment.
We are so excited for you to join us on the University of Wyoming campus!
Once you book your flights, you must fill out the student arrival form. If your family is joining you, you must also complete the family arrival form. Please make sure to enter detailed travel and arrival information so that the on-campus team can trace your travel progress.
To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before the official move-in day for spring 2024, which is January 11, 2024. Airport pickup is available at the Laramie Regional Airport (LAR) to campus, and will be provided to students that arrive on business days during the week of January 8 through 12, 2024.
If you choose to make Denver International Airport (DIA) your final flight destination, you will have to arrange for an airport shuttle that will take you from DIA to Laramie UW Washakie at the University of Wyoming. Denver International Airport is about two and a half hours from Laramie, Wyoming via shuttle service. Here is a link to the Groome shuttle transportation service. One-way shuttle fee is approx. $85.00: groometransportation.com
Share your shuttle transportation information with your Student Success Coordinator.
Students arriving in Laramie before Monday, January 8, 2024, will not be able to move into the residence halls until Monday, January 8, 2024 and will have to arrange a hotel at their own expense or must have off- campus housing accommodations prepared. Transportation will not be provided to bring students from the hotel to campus to move in, thus it is the students’ responsibility to arrange transportation to come to campus for move-in. All additional days in the residence halls before move-in day will be charged to the student at a per night rate.
However, early arrivals are optional and require that the student has submitted their arrival details, at least, three weeks prior to move-in date (email@example.com) in order to secure accommodation in the dorms during the week of move-in date. Early arrivals are encouraged to communicate with the Managing Director of Wyoming International in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Late arrivals after the start of class must be approved by the Managing Director before departure to the United States. An unapproved arrival after the start of class can result in a denial of entry to the United States at initial port of entry (airport).
Laramie, WY 82070
Laramie, WY 82070
For all application and payment deadlines as well as move-in and program start dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
All incoming Wyoming International students are required to submit official transcripts in-person, electronically, or by physical mail prior to or upon arrival to campus. If your transcript is not issued in English, you will need to bring an official English translation.
Bring transcripts to on-campus orientation. Make sure they are sealed in an envelope with a school stamp
Hard copy transcripts can be sent directly to the university by mail in a sealed envelope with adhesive to:
1000 E. University Avenue, Dept. 3435
Laramie, WY 82071
If your school uses the following electronic transcript services they will be considered official:
- Credentials Solutions
- National Student Clearing House
Note: If your transcript does not list the date of graduation, please also bring proof of graduation from your secondary or post-secondary institution, such as a graduation certificate
You’ve been admitted to the University of Wyoming, now comes the time for our Online International Pre-Arrival Orientation. In our Online orientation you will be given a brief overview of some important parts of campus, of immigration regulations, and more. The information in the Online orientation will help you as you prepare for your journey to the University!
This online orientation is REQUIRED.
Students who do not complete this online orientation prior to the start of classes will have a hold placed on their UW account which will prevent them from changing their spring classes or registering for summer or fall classes.
Center for Academic Success
A website with access to virtual tutors, career advisors, and online resources to help you throughout your university studies
Do you need to improve your academic skills or study habits? Do you need help preparing for an exam or presentation? Are you confused about CPT/OPT or don’t even know what career field is best for you? Shorelight’s Center for Academic Success has friendly online academic skills and subject area tutors along with expert career advisors to help you with these questions and many more!
Maybe you would also enjoy completing a short eLearning workshop at your own pace? Those are available, too, on topics ranging from Academic Integrity to How to Make American Friends—and everything in between! If you’re short on time, try one of the live or recorded webinars.
Give your learning journey the support you need by signing up for a free account today! Here’s how:
1. Click here or scan the QR code to find our Home page.
2. Click the orange “Sign up now” button to request access.
3. On the sign up form, type your given name and family name as you are registered at your university.
4. Type any email address (personal or university, etc.). You will need to access your email to verify your address.
5. Create a password with at least one special character and 6-50 characters total.
6. Type your password again. Write it down or save it in your browser.
7. Type the full name of your university, not just the abbreviation. Your status must be checked.
8. Check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions (feel free to read those first).
9. Optional: Sign up for our newsletter by checking the last box.
10. Click the large orange button that says, “Start your learning journey.”
11. You’ll be asked to verify your email address next. In your inbox, you’ll see two emails from us. Open them and click the link to verify your email address. Check your spam folder if you don’t see the two emails.
12. You’ll receive an email within two business days to let you know that your account is approved (or if not, how to fix the problem).
13. Return to the Home page linked above (or in the email) to log in when your account access has been approved.
If you encounter any technical trouble, just use the Live Chat button at the bottom of our Home page.